Articles relating to Leaky Buildings Issues
Articles authored by Legal Vision, and originally published in "Building Today" the official publication of The Master Builders Association
- Judicial Review of an adjudication quashing determination – Anderson & Anor v Swindells & McDowall Renovations Limited
- Who is liable to pay for repairs to a leaking deck in an apartment block, the owners of the deck only or the unit owners below? – Body Corporate 199380 v A Cook & Ors
- Leaky School – Ministry of Education & Ors v H Construction North Island Limited
- Joint and several liability – Should it be replaced by proportionate liability?
- Failings of the Building Act 1991 - Were these a cause of the leaky building crisis? Breaking down the Building Act 2004: What does it really mean?
- Judicial review – Not to be used as a means of appeal of adjudicator’s determination under the Construction Contracts Act 2002.
- Construction Contracts Act 2002 - Service of documents using email - What constitutes effective service?
- New English decision - A contractor has an obligation to meet design objectives even if design supplied inadequate to meet design objective.
- Jefferson and Wilson v Straw Homes Limited and Anor
- Construction Contracts Act 2002 – can a single payment schedule be used to answer two payment claims?